What Is Parking Lot Striping?
When you think of pavement markings , your first image probably consists of the lines that define individual parking spaces. However, parking lot line striping is only part of the picture. Traffic arrows, crosswalks, and other pavement markings are needed to complete an asphalt striping project. Thus, when striping contractors refer to lot striping, they are talking about both the pavement markings and the line striping.
What Are the Major Benefits of Parking Lot Striping?
You may already know some of the benefits of asphalt striping, but you may be unaware of the full extent of the benefits you can receive.
1. When your stripes and markings are neat and visible, your property’s curb appeal is enhanced. Fresh, crisp markings give your parking lot a clean, welcoming appearance that encourages people to form a favorable impression of you and your operation.
2. You may know that you need the proper markings to bring your parking lot into compliance with the ADA, but you may not realize that you might be subject to local ordinances or codes. For example, some municipalities require businesses to reserve at least one convenient parking space for emergency vehicles, and others may specify how fire lanes or loading docks must be marked.
3. Distracted drivers can cause or contribute to accidents. Pavement markings can help reduce distractions by reducing confusion when people are trying to figure out how to navigate through your parking lot.
4. Line striping can help you protect the cars belonging to your visitors or employees from dented doors or scrapes. When drivers can easily determine how to center their vehicles within a parking space, most of them will ensure that they are positioned so that any cars parked adjacent to them will have ample room for drivers to enter and exit their vehicles.
5. Maintaining an orderly flow of traffic is a critical part of preventing drivers from becoming angry or annoyed by traffic jams or unusual congestion. If customers become too annoyed by delays, they could simply abandon your parking lot and opt to visit your competition.
6. No one wants to become embroiled in a lawsuit, but you could be placed in that position if someone is injured or is involved in a car accident on your property. If the lack of visible, proper markings contributed to or caused the injury or damage, you could be found liable, so you could wind up paying for their medical bills, lost earnings, and an assortment of other expenses.
7. Your parking lot has a finite area, so you probably want to offer as many spaces as you can. Without proper line striping, drivers will tend to take up more than their fair share of space, reducing the number of vehicles that can fit in your parking lot.
Rely On B&E Coating Services for Superior Work at Reasonable Rates
We are a well-respected, highly experienced company specializing in the maintenance and repair of asphalt pavements. Our services include asphalt crack repair, sealcoating, asphalt patching, infrared asphalt repair, parking lot striping, asphalt milling, parking lot sweeping, asphalt paving, pothole repair, and power washing. We also construct and repair concrete, repair drains and catch basins, and repair gravel driveways. We have an exceptional reputation for service and workmanship. If you are interested in receiving a free quote, complete the online request form, or call 800-SEAL-817.