Whether you are having sealcoating or asphalt paving work performed, your parking lot will need to be closed for a certain period. Because asphalt contractors know that your parking lot is critical to your business, they are accustomed to “going the extra mile” to make the process more convenient for you and your customers.
If the work is to be performed on a large parking lot with a minimum of two access points, it is often possible to divide the area into sections. Sections can be closed separately, and the work can be completed and the section reopened before the next section is closed.
Most asphalt contractors are willing to perform the work during periods when your parking lot will have the least traffic. For example, they might work overnight, on a holiday or on weekends. The time your parking lot must be closed depends on the type of work, weather conditions and other factors. As a general rule, however, you can expect that:
- Freshly sealcoated areas can be reopened to pedestrians within just a few hours and to vehicle traffic within 12 to 24 hours.
- Newly paved areas will need to remain closed to both types of traffic for at least 24 hours.
- Clients can help make the work progress faster (enabling the lot to be reopened more quickly) if they:
- Shut down automatic sprinkler systems before the contractor’s crew arrives. At minimum, the sprinkler systems should remain off until the area can be reopened to vehicles.
- If applicable, make sure that someone on the premises has the key to allow contractors to access work areas behind locked gates.
- Inform employees of scheduled work if it will be necessary for them to use a specific entrance or section of the lot to park.
- Realize that paving can result in a noisier environment than normal and plan accordingly, such as not scheduling outdoor activities in the vicinity if noise might be an issue.
At B&E Coating Services, our asphalt paving contractors take pride ourselves on our ability to meet the needs of our customers, whether this means blacktop sealcoating a parking lot paving on a holiday weekend or working the night shift to make repairs. We are a full-service asphalt maintenanceprovider serving residential and commercial clients in the greater Michigan area. Submit our convenient online form or call our Freemont asphalt contractors at 989-352-7305. At B&E Coating Services, we also specialize in infrared asphalt repair, gravel driveway repairs, and asphalt crack repair!