Why Do Some Michigan Property Management Companies Find It Difficult to Budget for Pavement Maintenance?
Part of the problem is that some maintenance procedures do not need to be performed annually. For example, asphalt sealcoating and parking lot striping may only need to be performed every two years, but crack repairs may be needed every six months to a year. Another challenge is that some asphalt repair procedures may be the result of damage that only becomes obvious when a pothole occurs. Furthermore, it can sometimes be difficult to determine precisely which procedures may be needed for the specific pavement. If you need help determining an appropriate schedule, some asphalt paving maintenance companies will be happy to provide you with a free evaluation of your asphalt paving so that they can tailor their recommendations to match your needs.
What Procedures Are Commonly Needed by Michigan Property Management Companies?
Although the procedures you will need should be based on the recommendations provided by your asphalt paving or sealcoating contractor, several procedures are very common requests.
• Parking lot sealcoating enhances traction, blocks UV radiation to prevent brittle asphalt, helps prevent damage from automotive fluids, and secondary it restores the pavement’s dark color. Most parking lots in Michigan need fresh asphalt sealcoating every 18 to 30 months or 2 winter cycles equals 2 years in sealcoat life span.
• Parking lot striping improves safety, helps maintain an orderly flow of traffic, and is an important part of complying with the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act. (ADA requirements) Repaint your lot after sealcoating, when the paint’s visibility falls to less than 75% of its original vibrancy, or if the markings and stripes suffer damage.
• Asphalt patching can be a cost-effective way to repair potholes, alligator cracking, and some types of pavement distress. Depending on the age of your pavement, the maintenance it has already received, and the pavement’s usage, you may not need an asphalt repair for two or three years, or you may need annual repairs. Asphalt repairs may consist of Infrared repairs, skin patching, milling, and re-pave, or last resort of removal and replacement (R&R).
• Asphalt resurfacing can be an excellent way to rejuvenate many aging pavements that still have a relatively stable foundation. This procedure is sometimes called an asphalt overlay. In most cases, an overlay or cap will last between 10 and 15 years on driveways, parking lots, and city streets.
• Oil stain removal can help prevent automotive fluids from penetrating your parking lot sealcoating and softening the pavement. Depending on your pavement, you may need a thorough cleaning every three months, twice a year, or annually.
• Sweeping services will help you protect your pavement and your professional image by removing trash, dead vegetation, deicing products, sand, and piles of dirt. A busy mall might need nightly parking lot sweepings, but a small shopping center may only need to have its parking lot swept once a week. B&E Coating offers many options with street sweeping from spring clean-ups to nightly parking lot sweeping.
If you require additional assistance, you can count on B&E Coating Services, LLC, the company that so many Michigan property management companies have relied on for years. We are a well-respected, highly experienced company specializing in the maintenance and repair of asphalt pavements. Our services include asphalt crack repair, sealcoating, asphalt patching, infrared asphalt repair, parking lot striping, asphalt milling, parking lot sweeping, asphalt paving, pothole repair, and power washing. We also construct and repair concrete, repair drains and catch basins, and repair gravel driveways. We have an exceptional reputation for service and workmanship. If you are interested in receiving a free quote, complete the online request form, or call 800-SEAL-817.